It’s that time of the year again one can vote for their favorite vBlogs!
Don’t be shy and vote! Go to: Top vBlog 2018 or click the logo above to vote. Thanks!
Last year finished 98! would be nice to stay in the top 100!
Voting criteria remain the same:
- Longevity – Anyone can start a blog but it requires dedication, time & effort to keep it going. Some bloggers start a blog only to have it fall to the wayside several months later. Things always come up in life but the good bloggers keep going regardless of what is happening in their life.
- Length – It’s easy to make a quick blog post without much content, nothing wrong with this as long as you have good content in the post that people will enjoy. But some bloggers post pretty long detailed posts which takes a lot of time and effort to produce. The tip of the hat goes to these guys that burn the midnight oil trying to get you some great detailed information.
- Frequency – Some bloggers post several times a week which provides readers with lots of content. This requires a lot of effort as bloggers have to come up with more content ideas to write about. Frequency ties into length, some do high frequency/low length, some do low frequency/high length, some do both. They’re all good and require a lot of time and effort on the bloggers part.
- Quality – It all comes down to what’s in the blog post regardless of how often or how long the blog posts are. After reading a blog post if you come away with learning something that you did not previously know and it benefits you in some way then you know you are reading a quality post. Good quality is usually the result of original content, it’s easy to re-hash something previously published elsewhere, the good bloggers come up with unique content or put their own unique spin on popular topics.
Rules mainly remain the same of last year:
- gain this year you can pick 12 of your favorite blogs and then rank them in your order of preference. The results will be weighted with a #1 ranking getting 12 points and a #12 ranking getting 1 point. Point totals will be tabulated and from them, the top 100 will be determined.
- Blogs are listed on the ballot with the current top 100 blogs listed first with their current ranking and the rest of the blogs listed below them alphabetically. So please go through the whole list when making your choices.
- Note that blogs that did not have at least 10 posts in 2017 are not eligible to participate and not listed Also note that Duncan Epping (Yellow Bricks) and Frank Denneman chose not to participate this year.
- Again this year we also have voted in special categories to help distinguish certain types of blogs. The choices of which blogs to include in the categories was the result of this survey and my best guessing. The categories are independent of the general voting so first pick and rank your top 12 overall favorite blogs and then choose your favorite blog in each category.
- Voting will run until 12/15, afterward the results will be determined and announced on a special live podcast.