As of today i fly with a new Phantom 4 and next to it i’m jumping into the world of Drone racing!
Thanks go out to Toemen Modelsport who supplied me with these bad boys.
Reviews on both drones will come up next few weeks.
The Phantom 4 does not really need a introduction, it’s DJI most advanced drone yet.
More info on the Phantom 4 can be found here.
The ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro is a almost ready to fly racer.
The Vortex 250 Pro is the result of listening to top pilots, taking the product to a new level, with the same level of integration as it’s big brother, the Vortex 285.
ARF: You only need a remote, receiver, batteries and your FPV goggles.
For this kit is used:
ImmersionRC Vortex 250 Pro
Spektrum DX6i remote.
Spektrum DSMX Quad Race Receiver with Diversity.
Tattu 1550mAh 11.1V 45C 3S1P Lipo batteries.
Yellow RC Easy Charge Balancer.
Fat Shark Teleporter V4 Video Headset with Head Tracking. (Nice starter goggles)
(Domintator was on my mind but i’m still hoping goggles based on lightbridge will come, that would be a real kicker.)
ImmersionRC has designed the new Vortex 250 Pro as a purebred, high-speed FPV racer. They swapped out the ‘F1’ processor for the ‘F3’, added an integrated Black Box recorder, Gen2 20A ESCs, Serial receiver support… and so much more. As with the Vortex 285, the 250 is ARF, just add a compatible R/C Rx (CPPM, Spektrum, S-Bus, XBus, EzUHF, etc. etc.), and a battery, and go race, everything else is included, from the SpiroNET Tx antenna, to the props.
- State-of-the-art ‘F3’ FC processor
- 2nd Generation 20A EzESCs with OneShot125, rotorSENSE
- Built in black-box recorder (2MB)
- Rigid 4mm Carbon Fibre arms (non-foldable)
- Direct connection to PPM, Spektrum, S-Bus, XBus receivers
- Ear-piercing Lost Model Alarm (much louder than it’s predecessor)
- GoPro-3/4 mount included
- Size (diagonal): 250mm (275mm option for 6″ Props)
- Frame: 2mm Carbon Fiber, with 15x Aluminium Standoffs
- Motors: 2204-2300 (CW and CCW)
- ESC: 20/22A EzESC
- Flight Controller:STM32F303 based (‘F3’)
- OSD:Full Graphic
- Arms: 4mm Flat CF
- BlackBox with 2MB data storage
- Rx Support: Native CPPM, S-Bus, Spektrum, XBus, SumD, SumH
- Rx Selection: Fully Automatic
- Case: Zipper case options at order time
- Camera Mount: GoPro 3/4, mount included
- USB Port: Through-Hole (Much more robust)
- LED Board: v2, more robust
- Standoffs: Metal (all of them)
- FlightCam: 700TVL CMOS v2
- Weight: ~415g without battery
- Vortex 250 Pro Zipper case, fits 250 and 270 versions (5″ or 6″ props), with two zipper pockets
- 2x ImmersionRC Branded battery straps
- SpiroNET Omni 5.8GHz antenna
- PPM Interface Cable
- Spektrum(tm) Interface Cable
- SBus Interface Cable
- 8x Gemfan 5045BN GFK Props